Peltor ComTac III ACH Communication Headset, Single Comm, Headband - FOLIAGE GREEN
SKU: PELMT17H682FB-47 FG
3M Peltor ComTac III ACH Communication Headset, Single COMM, Headband MT17H682FB-47 FG - FOLIAGE GREEN
The newly redesigned Peltor ComTac ACH (Advanced Communication Headset) is the third generation of ComTac series military headsets, that features a new ear cup profile designed for a better fit when wearing the Advanced Combat Helmet or MICH Helmet. The ComTac III also features clear 2-way communications and a stereo "talk thru" feature that allows soldiers to maintain awareness while wearing superior hearing protection. The noise-cancelling boom microphone is ambidextrous, so you can mount it on the right or left side of the headset. The ComTac ACH require a Push-to-Talk (PTT) adaptor for 2-way communications. Available in padded headband or neckband style to meet your specifications.
- Single COMM headset
- -Level-dependent surround sound for “talk-thru” function
- -External communications and stereo “talk-thru” are independent of each other
- -External communications and “talk-thru” are battery independent for Rx/Tx fail safe
- -Ambidextrous noise-canceling boom mic (can be mounted on either left or right side by operator) angled to minimize interference with peripheral vision
- -Adjustable sizing to fit different users
- -Meets Environmental Standard MIL-STD-810F; Meets EMI Standard MIL-STD-461E
- -Buy American, TAA and Berry Amendment Compliant
- -Fielded by U.S. Army PEO Solider and U.S. SOCOM
- Brand: Peltor
- Style: 3M Peltor ComTac III MT17H682FB-47 FG
- Battery: 2 AAA
- Comm Type: Single Comm
- Battery Type: Rechargeable or Disposable
- Product Category: Protective Communications
- Category: Helmets
- Communication Type: Tactical Headset
- Hearing Protection Type: Headband
- Product Series: MT Series
- Product Type: Headset
- Recommended Industry: Shooting Range, Military Tactical, Shooting, Hunting
Talk-Through Level Dependent Functionaility, commonly referred to as “talk-thru,” is a means of allowing safe audio sounds to bypass the individual hearing protection while still protecting against harmful noises. This can be accomplished with a proprietary digital audio circuit integrated into the headset. A microphone will receive sounds outside its headset and transmit those to a speaker inside the headset. This Level Dependent Digital Audio Circuit easily senses noise levels above the desired threshold and compresses each to a safe decibel level or amplifies weak sounds to an audible level.
Compression vs. Clipping 3M has incorporated compression technology to remove the “clipping” effect heard in common talk-thru systems. “Clipping” can result in missing the first syllable of important commands. This technology resolves that issue and dramatically improves speech intelligibility.
Fail Safe ComTac External Communication (i.e. radio or intercom) and “talk thru” are completely independent of one another. In the unlikely event of electronic failure or battery depletion, external communications will continue to function.
Environmental -MIL STD 810F, Department of Defense Test Method Standard for Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests -Submersion: 3 feet, 30 minutes, salt-water-survivable
EMI -MIL STD 461E, Department of Defense Interface Standard, Requirements for the Control of Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics of Subsystems and Equipment -CS1 14, RE101, RE-102-4, RS101 and RS103 Requirements
Noise Reduction Ratings(NRR) (per ANSI S3.19-1974; NAVLAP Certified - Tested internally at 3M’s NAVLAP-accredited facility) -COMTAC III ACH (headband version, standard foam cushion): NRR 23 dB -COMTAC IV: Classic Foam Eartip - NRR 30 dB; UltraFit Reusable Eartip - NRR 18 dB
Contact our Customer Service to obtain product certifications for the following: *Buy American Act for Department of Defense *Trade Agreement Act *Berry Amendment *Headsets classified as ECCN: 5A991.G
|Main Category||Hearing Protection|
|Family||3M Peltor ComTac|
Shop the most trusted safety brands at Enviro Safety.
Got a question? Call and ask one of our trained Product Specialists.
Fast Easy Savings
Get what you need. Save time and money. Let's do this!
Yes, we answer the phone and reply to email. We're here for you!
Setup an online account. Apply for credit. And more.