3M™ PELTOR™ ComTac™ III Advanced Combat Helmet (ACH) MT17H682P3AD-47 FG 1 EA/Case
SKU: PELMT17H682P3AD-47 GN
This product is now discontinued by 3M
To purchase the new line of Comtac products please visit Click Here To Purchase The New Line Of Peltor Comtac Products
3M Peltor ComTac III ARC Headset, Single COMM, Accessory Rail Connector MT17H682P3AD-47 GN - OLIVE DRAB GREEN The COMTAC III and COMTAC IV both have Single and Dual Comm variants for streamline cable management. The downleads separate left and right audio traffic.
The 3M Peltor COMTAC series of headsets offer tactical communication in addition to hearing protection for today's modern warfighter. ComTac Tactical Communication Headsets are formulated and constructed specifically for use with firearms and ballistic combat helmets. These headsets feature external microphones with talk-thru capability to maintain situational awareness while still sustaining hearing protection. The ComTac III Advanced Communication Headset (ACH) has been standardized and fielded by various DOD agencies, specifically U.S. SOCOM and U.S. Army PEO Soldier.
The COMTAC III ARC configuration is for use with Ops-Core FAST Helmet. These ARC Mounted Headsets are designed to address the challenges associated with doffing and donning of the helmet which in addition eliminates “hot spots,” reducing the need to modify the internal padding of the helmet for proper fitting. The system utilizes a mounting mechanism to connect the headset to the helmet Accessory Rail Connector.
- -Level-dependent surround sound for “talk-thru” function
- -External communications and stereo “talk-thru” are independent of each other
- -External communications and “talk-thru” are battery independent for Rx/Tx fail safe
- -Ambidextrous noise-canceling boom mic (can be mounted on either left or right side by operator) angled to minimize interference with peripheral vision
- -Adjustable sizing to fit different users
- -Meets Environmental Standard MIL-STD-810F; Meets EMI Standard MIL-STD-461E
- -Buy American, TAA and Berry Amendment Compliant
- -Fielded by U.S. Army PEO Solider and U.S. SOCOM
- Brand: Peltor
- Style: 3M Peltor ComTac III MT17H682P3AD-47 GN
- Battery: 2 AAA
- Battery Type: Rechargeable or Disposable
- Product Category: Protective Communications
- Category: Helmets
- Communication Type: Tactical Headset
- Hearing Protection Type: Hard Hat Attached, Accessory Rail Connector
- Product Series: MT Series
- Product Type: Headset
- Recommended Industry: Shooting Range, Military Tactical, Shooting, Hunting
Talk-Through Level Dependent Functionaility, commonly referred to as “talk-thru,” is a means of allowing safe audio sounds to bypass the individual hearing protection while still protecting against harmful noises. This can be accomplished with a proprietary digital audio circuit integrated into the headset. A microphone will receive sounds outside its headset and transmit those to a speaker inside the headset. This Level Dependent Digital Audio Circuit easily senses noise levels above the desired threshold and compresses each to a safe decibel level or amplifies weak sounds to an audible level.
Compression vs. Clipping 3M has incorporated compression technology to remove the “clipping” effect heard in common talk-thru systems. “Clipping” can result in missing the first syllable of important commands. This technology resolves that issue and dramatically improves speech intelligibility.
Fail Safe ComTac External Communication (i.e. radio or intercom) and “talk thru” are completely independent of one another. In the unlikely event of electronic failure or battery depletion, external communications will continue to function.
Environmental -MIL STD 810F, Department of Defense Test Method Standard for Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests -Submersion: 3 feet, 30 minutes, salt-water-survivable
EMI -MIL STD 461E, Department of Defense Interface Standard, Requirements for the Control of Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics of Subsystems and Equipment -CS1 14, RE101, RE-102-4, RS101 and RS103 Requirements
Noise Reduction Ratings(NRR) (per ANSI S3.19-1974; NAVLAP Certified - Tested internally at 3M’s NAVLAP-accredited facility) -COMTAC III ACH (headband version, standard foam cushion): NRR 23 dB -COMTAC IV: Classic Foam Eartip - NRR 30 dB; UltraFit Reusable Eartip - NRR 18 dB
Contact our Customer Service to obtain product certifications for the following: *Buy American Act for Department of Defense *Trade Agreement Act *Berry Amendment *Headsets classified as ECCN: 5A991.G
- 3M Peltor COMTAC III ARC, Single Comm: PELMT17H682P3AD-47 CY Coyote Brown
- 3M Peltor COMTAC III ARC, Single Comm: PELMT17H682P3AD-47 GN O.D. Green
- 3M Peltor COMTAC III ARC, Single Comm: PELMT17H682P3AD-47 FG Foliage Green
- 3M Peltor SINGLE COMM SWAT- TAC III ARC Headset: PELMT17H682P3AD-47 SV Covert Black
Note: HARD HAT SOLD SEPARATELY
|Main Category||Hearing Protection|
|Family||3M Peltor ComTac|
Shop the most trusted safety brands at Enviro Safety.
Got a question? Call and ask one of our trained Product Specialists.
Fast Easy Savings
Get what you need. Save time and money. Let's do this!
Yes, we answer the phone and reply to email. We're here for you!
Setup an online account. Apply for credit. And more.