The need to be seen is a critical issue for worker safety, especially for workers who perform tasks on or near moving vehicles or equipment. Wearing high visibility garments draws attention to workers & helps prevent injuries and fatalities from struck by hazards The American National Standard for High-Visibility Safety Apparel and Headwear (ANSI/ISEA 107-2015) is a standard established by American National Standards Institute, Inc. (ANSI) and the International Safety Equipment Association (ISEA). Construction, utility, police, emergency medical services, fire fighters, road workers, flaggers and airport ramp workers are routinely exposed to the hazards of low visibility while on the job. This standard provides guidelines for the selection and use of high-visibility safety vests to improve worker visibility during the day , in low-light conditions, and at night.
- Radians SJ11QB Class 3 Weather Proof Bomber Jacket
SKU: RADSJ11QBAs low as $30.00
- Radians SV92E Custom Woven Modacrylic FR Class 2 Vest (1 EA)
SKU: RADSV92E-2VGSSpecial Price $49.99 Regular Price $59.99
- Occunomix LUX-M6JKT Speed Collection Premium Motorcycle Soft Shell
- Occunomix SP-RSPARKA Class 3 3-in-1 Black Bottom Rip Stop Flannel Parka
SKU: OCCSP-RSPARKASpecial Price $110.20 Regular Price $114.32
- Radians SJ11QB Class 3 Hi-Viz Weather Proof Bomber Jacket
SKU: RADSJ11QB-3ZGSSpecial Price $29.99 Regular Price $39.99
- Radians SJ03 Type R Class 3 Ripstop Quilted Wind Shirt
SKU: RADSJ03-3SGRSpecial Price $44.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Radians RW11 Lightweight Waterproof Rain Jacket
SKU: RADRW11-3ZGRSpecial Price $44.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Radians SJ32 Class 3 Type R Color Blocker Hooded Sweatshirt
SKU: RADSJ32-3ZGSSpecial Price $36.99 Regular Price $39.99
- DEWALT DST921 Class 2 Modacrylic FR Long Sleeve T-Shirt (1 EA)
SKU: DEWDST921Special Price $119.99 Regular Price $129.99
- DEWALT DST911 Class 2 Modacrylic FR T-Shirt (1 EA)
SKU: DEWDST911Special Price $89.99 Regular Price $109.99
- Radians SV92J Jersey Knit Modacrylic FR Class 2 Vest ( 1 EA)
SKU: RADSV92J-2VGSSpecial Price $49.99 Regular Price $64.99
- Radians SV92J-22ZGS Modacrylic FR Class 2 Jersey Knit Safety Vest (1 EA)
SKU: RADSV92J-2ZGS3PSpecial Price $46.99 Regular Price $59.99
- Sprighten Lightweight Jacket - Class 3 - Black Bottom (1 EA)
SKU: SPR05LWJYBAs low as $19.99 Regular Price $21.99
- Sprighten Economy Vest - Class 2 - All Mesh - Yellow (1 EA)
SKU: SPR05EAMYZAs low as $4.99 Regular Price $5.99
- Ergodyne GloWear® 8260FRHL Type R Class 2 FR Modacrylic Vest
- DEWALT DSV421 Zip-N-Rip Class 2 Breakaway Mesh Vest
SKU: DEWDSV421Special Price $15.99 Regular Price $16.99
- Radians SV6H Type R Class 2 Heavy Duty Two Tone Surveyor Vest
SKU: RADSV6HGSpecial Price $18.49 Regular Price $19.99
- Cordova VS296 Type R, Class 2-Heavy Duty Surveyors Vest
- Cordova VS295 Type R, Class 2-Heavy Duty Surveyors Vest
- Radians SV27 Multipurpose Surveyor Type R Class 2 Safety Vest Orange
SKU: RADSV27-2ZOMSpecial Price $6.99 Regular Price $9.99
High Visibility Clothing
High Visibility means personal protective safety clothing, such as a reflective vest, that is intended to provide conspicuous viewing during both daytime and nighttime usage, and that meets the Performance Class 2 or 3 requirements of ANSI 107-2004, often referred to as ANSI 2 and ANSI 3 classes of reflective vests and clothing. The new rule also applies to volunteer workers. The rule does have an option for law enforcement and first responders to use new ANSI public safety vests under the ANSI 207. ANSI 207 is often known as Tear Away Safety Vests
ANSI Class 2 Vests
Ansi Class 2 vests, simply defined means that the vest requires at least 775 square inches of background and 201 square inches of retro-reflective material in at least 1.375 inch (35mm) strips. Ansi 2 is designed for workers in traffic zones where traffic is going 25 mph, but no more than 50mph or where heavy machinery is present.
ANSI Class 3 Vests
Ansi class 3 vests require 1240 square inches of background, and 310 square inches of retro-reflective material in at least 2 inch (50mm) strips. All class 3 vests have sleeves, and are required for all zones where traffic exceeds 50mph.
ANSI Class 107 Vests
Ansi 107 vests require only 217 inches of background material with retro-reflective material of at least 201 square inches. These vests are designed to tear away if the wearer is grabbed or snagged.
ANSI Class 207 Vests
Designed for public safety personnel where entanglement or entrapment (someone grabs at the vest), these vests are designed to tear away via velcro strips & fastening. These vests are worn by police, fire, EMS and DOT personnel where snagging or grabbing is a concern. Ansi 207 vests must 450 square inches of background material with 201 square inches of retro-reflective material.
What is Retro-Reflective?
Retro-Reflective material is designed to return light directly back to the source regardless of the direction the light originates from. Designed in a unique way, retro-reflective materials are used to brightly reflect light back to the source and are used in many applications such as safety vests, road cones, and road signs.
High Visibility Compliance
Compliance Effective Date For High Visibility Clothing on Federal Highways As of Nov. 24, 2008, all workers within the right of way of a federal-aid highway are required to wear high visibility clothing that meets the performance requirements of ANSI/ISEA 107-2004 Class 2 or ANSI/ISEA 107-2004 Class 3 or ANSI 207 public safety vests. The Federal Highway Administration published the final rule regarding high visibility clothing as Part 634 of Title 23 (23 CFR part 634) Code of Federal Regulations to reduce the likelihood of worker fatalities and injuries caused by motor vehicles and construction equipment on federal-aid highways.