The need to be seen is a critical issue for worker safety, especially for workers who perform tasks on or near moving vehicles or equipment. Wearing high visibility garments draws attention to workers & helps prevent injuries and fatalities from struck by hazards The American National Standard for High-Visibility Safety Apparel and Headwear (ANSI/ISEA 107-2015) is a standard established by American National Standards Institute, Inc. (ANSI) and the International Safety Equipment Association (ISEA). Construction, utility, police, emergency medical services, fire fighters, road workers, flaggers and airport ramp workers are routinely exposed to the hazards of low visibility while on the job. This standard provides guidelines for the selection and use of high-visibility safety vests to improve worker visibility during the day , in low-light conditions, and at night.
- Radians Radwear SJ510 Quilted Jacket, Reversible 4-in-1 with Zip-Off Sleeves
SKU: RADSJ510As low as $34.99 Regular Price $69.99
- Radians Radwear Fire Public Safety Vests Hi-Vis Green Color - 1 Each
SKU: RADLHV-5-PC-ZR-FIRAs low as $15.99 Regular Price $19.99
- Radians Radwear Fire Safety Vests Hi-Vis Green Color - 1 Each
SKU: RADLHV-207-4C-FIR-As low as $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Radians Radwear Police Safety Vests Hi-Vis Green Color- 1 Each
SKU: RADLHV-207DSZR-POL-As low as $22.99 Regular Price $34.99
- Radians Radwear EMS Public Safety Vests Hi-Vis Green Color- 1 Each
SKU: RADLHV-207-4C-EMS-As low as $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Pyramex RCZ21 Series Vests Type R - Class 2 Hi Vis Safety Vests Vests - 1 Each
SKU: PYRRCZ2As low as $5.99 Regular Price $9.99
- Pyramex RCMS28SE Series Type R - Class 2 Non FR Self Extinguishing Hi-Vis Green Color - 1 Each
SKU: PYRRCMS2810SEAs low as $31.99 Regular Price $39.99
- Radians Radwear SV23C Class 2 Expandable Two Tone Safety Vest with Chevron Back - 1 Each
SKU: RADSV23C-2VAs low as $12.99 Regular Price $17.99
- Radians Radwear SV45-2 Type R Class 2 Self Extinguishing Mesh Breakaway Hi- Vis Vest Green Color - 1 Each
SKU: RADSV45-2ZGMAs low as $9.99 Regular Price $14.99
- PIP ANSI Type R Class 2 Two Tone Six Pocket Mesh Polyester Safety Vest Zipper closure Small 50 / Box
SKU: PIP302-MVZTAs low as $396.99 Regular Price $459.99
- PIP Polyester ANSI Type R Class 2 Expandable Two Tone Mesh Safety Vest Zipper closure One Size 50 / Box
SKU: PIP302-USV5As low as $499.99
- Pyramex RVZ21 Series Type R - Class 2 Safety Vests Polyester Lime Color Zipper closure - 12 / Box
SKU: PYRRVZ2110As low as $53.99 Regular Price $59.99
- MCR Vortex VT38JH Rain Jacket, Double Insulated, Detachable Hood, Removable Liner, Class 3 Hi Viz
SKU: MCRVT38JHAs low as $75.59 Regular Price $97.19
- Pyramex RVZ21 Series Type R Class 2 Hi-Vis Safety Vests 1/Ea
SKU: PYRRVZ21-NAs low as $4.99 Regular Price $5.99
- COMBO DEAL - Radians Radwear Jacket Class 3 Weather Proof Bomber Jacket with a Quilted Liner + Radians Class 3 Moisture Wicking Long Sleeve Shirt
SKU: ESPRADSJ123ZMS-RADST21-3POS-PROMOSpecial Price $59.99 Regular Price $73.98
- TRIPLE COMBO DEALS - PIP ANSI Class 3 48 in Raincoat + Radians Class E Radwear Pants + Allegro MaxKnee Pad
- PIP ANSI TYPE R CLASS 3 ALL CONDITIONS 7 IN 1 COAT CLASS 2 INNER JACKET AND VEST COMBINATION Yellow 1 EA
SKU: PIP343-1756As low as $92.87 Regular Price $107.99
- Radians Radwear SJ12-3ZMS Bomber Jacket with Quilted Liner, Weatherproof Class 3 Hi Viz
SKU: RADSJ12-3ZMSAs low as $47.99 Regular Price $54.99
- Radians RW10-3S1Y Radwear Class 3 Lightweight Rain Jacket with Reflectivz Weatherproof Yellow Color - 1 EA
SKU: RADRW10-3S1YAs low as $26.99 Regular Price $34.99
- PIP Hi VIS Bomber Jacket Yellow Color - 1 EA
SKU: PIP333-1550-LYAs low as $53.99 Regular Price $64.79
High Visibility Clothing
High Visibility means personal protective safety clothing, such as a reflective vest, that is intended to provide conspicuous viewing during both daytime and nighttime usage, and that meets the Performance Class 2 or 3 requirements of ANSI 107-2004, often referred to as ANSI 2 and ANSI 3 classes of reflective vests and clothing. The new rule also applies to volunteer workers. The rule does have an option for law enforcement and first responders to use new ANSI public safety vests under the ANSI 207. ANSI 207 is often known as Tear Away Safety Vests
ANSI Class 2 Vests
Ansi Class 2 vests, simply defined means that the vest requires at least 775 square inches of background and 201 square inches of retro-reflective material in at least 1.375 inch (35mm) strips. Ansi 2 is designed for workers in traffic zones where traffic is going 25 mph, but no more than 50mph or where heavy machinery is present.
ANSI Class 3 Vests
Ansi class 3 vests require 1240 square inches of background, and 310 square inches of retro-reflective material in at least 2 inch (50mm) strips. All class 3 vests have sleeves, and are required for all zones where traffic exceeds 50mph.
ANSI Class 107 Vests
Ansi 107 vests require only 217 inches of background material with retro-reflective material of at least 201 square inches. These vests are designed to tear away if the wearer is grabbed or snagged.
ANSI Class 207 Vests
Designed for public safety personnel where entanglement or entrapment (someone grabs at the vest), these vests are designed to tear away via velcro strips & fastening. These vests are worn by police, fire, EMS and DOT personnel where snagging or grabbing is a concern. Ansi 207 vests must 450 square inches of background material with 201 square inches of retro-reflective material.
What is Retro-Reflective?
Retro-Reflective material is designed to return light directly back to the source regardless of the direction the light originates from. Designed in a unique way, retro-reflective materials are used to brightly reflect light back to the source and are used in many applications such as safety vests, road cones, and road signs.
High Visibility Compliance
Compliance Effective Date For High Visibility Clothing on Federal Highways As of Nov. 24, 2008, all workers within the right of way of a federal-aid highway are required to wear high visibility clothing that meets the performance requirements of ANSI/ISEA 107-2004 Class 2 or ANSI/ISEA 107-2004 Class 3 or ANSI 207 public safety vests. The Federal Highway Administration published the final rule regarding high visibility clothing as Part 634 of Title 23 (23 CFR part 634) Code of Federal Regulations to reduce the likelihood of worker fatalities and injuries caused by motor vehicles and construction equipment on federal-aid highways.