The need to be seen is a critical issue for worker safety, especially for workers who perform tasks on or near moving vehicles or equipment. Wearing high visibility garments draws attention to workers & helps prevent injuries and fatalities from struck by hazards The American National Standard for High-Visibility Safety Apparel and Headwear (ANSI/ISEA 107-2015) is a standard established by American National Standards Institute, Inc. (ANSI) and the International Safety Equipment Association (ISEA). Construction, utility, police, emergency medical services, fire fighters, road workers, flaggers and airport ramp workers are routinely exposed to the hazards of low visibility while on the job. This standard provides guidelines for the selection and use of high-visibility safety vests to improve worker visibility during the day , in low-light conditions, and at night.
- Radians RW30-3Z1 Class 3 General Purpose Rain Jacket Yellow Color (1 Each)
SKU: RADRW30-3Z1Special Price $42.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Radians RW32-3Z1Y Rain Jacket, Heavy Duty Rip Stop, Waterproof
SKU: RADRW32-3Z1YAs low as $74.99 Regular Price $99.99
- MCR UltraTech Class 3, Type R Hi Viz Rain Jacket Lime Color (1 Each)
SKU: MCRUT38JHAs low as $59.39 Regular Price $86.39
- Pyramex RJ3110 Type R Class 3 Hi-Vis Jacket Lime Color - 1 / Box
SKU: PYRRJ3110-NAs low as $38.99 Regular Price $59.99
- Radians Radwear ST21B TYPE R CLASS 3 LONG SLEEVE BLACK BOTTOM T-SHIRT Green Color - 1 EA
SKU: RADST21B-3PGS-As low as $14.99 Regular Price $19.99
- MCR River City VCL2ML - Economy Class 2 Safety Vest, Lime Color 1 Each
SKU: MCRVCL2MLAs low as $5.93 Regular Price $8.63
- Radians Radwear SJ07 Windbreaker, Reversible 4-in-1 with Zip-Off Sleeves
SKU: RADSJ07-3ZDSAs low as $54.99 Regular Price $69.99
- Pyramex Safety Products Class 2 RCMS28 Series Safety Vest Lime Color - 1 / Each
SKU: PYRRCMS28-NAs low as $23.99 Regular Price $34.99
- Pyramex Safety Products RVZ22SE Series Self Extinguishing Safety Vest - 5/ Each
SKU: PYRRVZ22SE-NAs low as $39.95 Regular Price $49.99
- Pyramex Safety - Class 3 Mesh Safety Vest - 1 Each
SKU: PYRRVZ31-NAs low as $9.49 Regular Price $11.99
- DEWALT High Visibility Class 3 Heated Hoodie Yellow Color - 1 / Box
SKU: DEWDCHJ071BSpecial Price $155.99 Regular Price $209.25
- Occunomix Classic Three-Way Black Bottom Bomber Jacket Yellow Color 1 Each
SKU: OCCLUX-ETJBJRSpecial Price $37.07 Regular Price $51.49
- Pyramex RVZ22 Series Type R - Class 2 Hi-Vis Safety Vests 1/Ea
SKU: PYRRVZ22-NAs low as $6.49 Regular Price $9.99
- Pyramex RVZ21SE Series Type R - Class 2 Non FR Self Extinguishing Safety Vests 1/EA
SKU: PYRRVZ21SE-NAs low as $6.99 Regular Price $9.99
- Radians Radwear SW21 TYPE R CLASS 3 Long Sleeve Stretch Ripstop Wind Shirt Green Color 1 EA
SKU: RADSW21-3BGR-As low as $39.99 Regular Price $47.99
- PIP ANSI Type R Class 2 Black Two Tone Eleven Pockets Tech_Ready Mesh Surveyors Vest Yellow 1 EA
SKU: PIP302-0800D-LYAs low as $17.49 Regular Price $22.99
- MCR River City Luminator SURVO Class 2 Surveyor Style Safety Vest Orange (1 Each)
SKU: MCRSURVOAs low as $11.11 Regular Price $16.68
- MCR Big Jake BJ38JH Flame Resistant Jacket, Nomex Type R Class 3 Hi Viz
SKU: MCRBJ38JHSpecial Price $107.99 Regular Price $118.79
- MCR River City SURVL Safety Vest, Class 2 Surveyor Style (1 Each)
SKU: MCRSURVLAs low as $11.66 Regular Price $14.45
- MCR River City BRCL3L - Luminator Class 3 Reversible Bomber Jacket (1 Each)
SKU: MCRBRCL3LAs low as $68.03 Regular Price $86.39
High Visibility Clothing
High Visibility means personal protective safety clothing, such as a reflective vest, that is intended to provide conspicuous viewing during both daytime and nighttime usage, and that meets the Performance Class 2 or 3 requirements of ANSI 107-2004, often referred to as ANSI 2 and ANSI 3 classes of reflective vests and clothing. The new rule also applies to volunteer workers. The rule does have an option for law enforcement and first responders to use new ANSI public safety vests under the ANSI 207. ANSI 207 is often known as Tear Away Safety Vests
ANSI Class 2 Vests
Ansi Class 2 vests, simply defined means that the vest requires at least 775 square inches of background and 201 square inches of retro-reflective material in at least 1.375 inch (35mm) strips. Ansi 2 is designed for workers in traffic zones where traffic is going 25 mph, but no more than 50mph or where heavy machinery is present.
ANSI Class 3 Vests
Ansi class 3 vests require 1240 square inches of background, and 310 square inches of retro-reflective material in at least 2 inch (50mm) strips. All class 3 vests have sleeves, and are required for all zones where traffic exceeds 50mph.
ANSI Class 107 Vests
Ansi 107 vests require only 217 inches of background material with retro-reflective material of at least 201 square inches. These vests are designed to tear away if the wearer is grabbed or snagged.
ANSI Class 207 Vests
Designed for public safety personnel where entanglement or entrapment (someone grabs at the vest), these vests are designed to tear away via velcro strips & fastening. These vests are worn by police, fire, EMS and DOT personnel where snagging or grabbing is a concern. Ansi 207 vests must 450 square inches of background material with 201 square inches of retro-reflective material.
What is Retro-Reflective?
Retro-Reflective material is designed to return light directly back to the source regardless of the direction the light originates from. Designed in a unique way, retro-reflective materials are used to brightly reflect light back to the source and are used in many applications such as safety vests, road cones, and road signs.
High Visibility Compliance
Compliance Effective Date For High Visibility Clothing on Federal Highways As of Nov. 24, 2008, all workers within the right of way of a federal-aid highway are required to wear high visibility clothing that meets the performance requirements of ANSI/ISEA 107-2004 Class 2 or ANSI/ISEA 107-2004 Class 3 or ANSI 207 public safety vests. The Federal Highway Administration published the final rule regarding high visibility clothing as Part 634 of Title 23 (23 CFR part 634) Code of Federal Regulations to reduce the likelihood of worker fatalities and injuries caused by motor vehicles and construction equipment on federal-aid highways.