Walker Hearing Protection: A Guide for Shooters and Hunters
If you are a shooter or a hunter, you know how important it is to protect your hearing from loud noises. Exposure to sounds above 85 decibels (dB) can cause permanent hearing damage, and gunshots can reach up to 140 dB or more. That's why you need a good pair of ear protection that can reduce the noise level and enhance your hearing at the same time.
One of the best brands of ear protection for shooters and hunters is Walker. Walker offers a range of products that combine electronic hearing protection with advanced features such as Bluetooth, voice activation, ambient sound amplification, and more. In this blog post, we will review some of the most popular Walker ear protection products and help you choose the best one for your needs.
Walker’s Ear Pro: What to Look for in Electronic Hearing Protection
Electronic hearing protection is different from passive ear plugs or muffs that simply block out the sound. Electronic hearing protection uses microphones and speakers to pick up ambient sounds and amplify them, while also detecting loud noises and suppressing them automatically. This way, you can hear what's going on around you, communicate with other shooters or hunters, and protect your hearing from gunshots.
When choosing an electronic hearing protection product, there are several factors to consider, such as:
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR): This is a measure of how much noise the ear protection can reduce in decibels. The higher the NRR, the better the noise reduction. For shooting or hunting, you should look for an NRR of at least 22 dB.
- Battery Life: Electronic hearing protection requires batteries to operate, so you should check how long they can last before needing replacement or recharge. You don't want your ear protection to run out of power in the middle of a shooting session or a hunting trip.
- Comfort and Fit: Ear protection should fit snugly and comfortably on your ears, without causing pressure or irritation. You should also consider the weight and size of the ear protection, as well as the shape and material of the ear cups or plugs.
- Additional Features: Depending on your preferences and budget, you may want to look for extra features that enhance your hearing experience, such as Bluetooth connectivity, voice activation, sound equalization, wind noise reduction, etc.
Best Shooting Ear Protection: Walker Product Reviews
Walker offers a variety of electronic hearing protection products for different types of shooters and hunters. Here are some of the best ones:
- Walker Razor Slim Electronic Muff: This is one of the most popular and affordable Walker ear protection products. It has a slim and lightweight design that fits comfortably on your ears. It has an NRR of 23 dB and a battery life of up to 40 hours. It also has two omnidirectional microphones that amplify low-level sounds and suppress loud noises. It has a 3.5 mm audio jack that allows you to connect your phone or music player.
- Walker Silencer Bluetooth Rechargeable Ear Buds: These are wireless earbuds that offer a discreet and convenient way to protect your hearing. They have an NRR of 23 dB and a battery life of up to 14 hours. They also have Bluetooth connectivity that lets you stream music or take calls from your phone. They have four different sizes of foam tips that ensure a comfortable and secure fit. They also have a sound-activated compression feature that reduces loud noises instantly.
- Walker Razor XV Bluetooth Neck Worn Rechargeable Electronic Hearing Protection: These are neck-worn earbuds that offer a flexible and versatile way to protect your hearing. They have an NRR of 31 dB and a battery life of up to 10 hours. They also have Bluetooth connectivity that lets you stream music or take calls from your phone. They have retractable earbuds that allow you to adjust the length and position of the cords. They also have a variable gain control that lets you adjust the volume and sensitivity of the microphones.