Innotex GRAY25 Carcinogen Blocking Fire Hood
Innotex GRAY25 Carcinogen Blocking Fire Hood, Medium/Large Size - 1 PER BOX
THE INNOTEX GRAY™ HOOD 25 USES THE SAME 3-LAYER APPROACH AS TURNOUT GEAR!
Developed to meet the proposed requirements of NFPA 1971, 2018 edition, the particulate blocking layer blocks carcinogenic particulates 0.1 µm to 1.0 µm that are found in the combustion of structural fires by greater than 98%. Yet, that same layer also allows for air permeation, which is essential to reduce the risk of increased core temperature.
LAYER 1: The exterior layer is a 20%/80% Nomex/Lenzing blend, providing good, reliable performance.
LAYER 2: The middle layer consists of a proprietary version of Stedair® PREVENT. This layer blocks carcinogenic particulates 0.1 µm to 1.0 µm (microns) by greater than 98%. NFPA 1971, 2018 edition will require a minimum of 90%.
Unlike some barriers, it is air permeable, which means air freely passes through it, letting body heat dissipate and helping reduce the risk of increased core temperature. This layer also offers 100% coverage throughout the entire hood!
LAYER 3: The inner layer is a 100% FR viscose multi-filament liner. It gives a noticeably cool feeling when worn and has superior wicking abilities that spread out moisture to allow for quicker drying.
3-layer of protection:
- Exterior layer: 20%/80% Nomex/Lenzing blend
- Middle layer: proprietary version of Stedair® PREVENT
- Inner layer: 100% FR viscose multi-filament line
Layers 2 & 3 are laminated together, reducing the bulk of multiple layers & increasing comfort!
• Universal Size
• Flatlock stitch for maximum comfort 21’’ in length
• Full drape coverage around the shoulders
• 100% protection coverage throughout the hood
• Heavy ½’’ Elastic prevents stretching out when worn around the neck
• Air Permeable
• Tested for 100 washes
• TTP 29.7 / THL 385
• Certified to NFPA 1971-2018 Edition
|Sub Category||Structural Fire Hoods|